Hi Catriona,

I appreciate the connections you made between the Universal Design for Learning and the adaptations, adjustments and accessibility surrounding the recent COVID-19 Pandemic. When the pandemic first hit, it was such a dramatic shift of what used to be traditional classroom teaching, and somehow adapting it to work as a fully online process. I remember so clearly wondering about accessibility and inclusion when classes went fully remote, especially for younger students in the k-12 system. I was asking myself questions such as “are all students going to have fair internet and technology access from home?” or “do all students have the knowledge and skills to operate their learning from a home computer?” and many more questions arose during this time. I applaud teachers and educators who did what they could during that sharp and swift transition between in-person and remote learning, as that was extremely stressful and challenging. Thankfully, two years later, we can see that educators have been able to make more changes to online education to fit into the UDL principles. With time and growth, I believe that online education is slowly becoming more accessible for every student, regardless of their abilities, which is a very impactful and important change to see in education.